ScriptReader.studio is seeking dedicated and passionate script readers to join our community. As a volunteer script reader, you will have the opportunity to read and provide feedback on various scripts and screenplays. While this is a volunteer position, we offer incentives for those who participate in our programme.
We plan to host a competition in 2024 and want to engage readers now.
- Read and evaluate scripts and screenplays in a timely manner (initially one per week)
- Provide constructive feedback to writers
- Collaborate with other script readers to discuss and analyse scripts
- Maintain a professional and respectful attitude towards writers and other readers
- Read scripts on your own time (generally with a week turnaround)
- Join online meetings to discuss scripts
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for storytelling and the film industry
- Attention to detail and ability to provide constructive feedback
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience in script reading or screenwriting is a plus
- Aged 18+
- anywhere in the world – work is carried out remotely
- Join an online, supportive community of other readers, writers and professionals
- Gain evidence of your scriptreading – we track your reading and reviews so you have evidence of your abilities
Join our community of script readers and help us discover the next great storyteller! We’d love to have a diverse range of readers to truly reflect audiences
Once you sign up as a volunteer, we will suggest a window or period of time that would be suitable for you to volunteer. We can discuss the length of volunteer and ways of working and naturally you can stop at any point.
To apply, please complete the form on our page. We don’t ask for a CV but do ask for your experience in reading and rating stories and your motivation. All levels of experience are welcome as we can help you develop.
We will be carrying out video interviews the weeks of 9th and 30th October (no interviews 16-29 October).