Richardson Online Ltd (trading as ScriptReader.studio) is a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 09152586. Our registered office is at 12 Park Lane, Tilehurst, Reading, Berkshire, England RG31 5DL.
Richardson Online Ltd is also registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), registration number ZB285791.
What personal information will be collected?
The categories of data that will be collected are:
- Contact details
- Personal information: name, year of birth, gender, ethnicity, location
- Login credentials
- Card details/payment information
- Purchase orders of products and/or services
- Website/app usage data and user preferences: marketing cookies etc.
- Information obtained or transactions conducted by third parties (e.g. payment made through PayPal/Stripe etc.)
- Review and feedback data
- Social media links
- User names: we suggest you do not include any personal identifiable information in your username
Personal information on screenplays
When submitting a screenplay we ask that you ensure that all personal data (eg name, contact information) is removed.
When displaying screenplays for review we remove the first page, which is where contact information is usually displayed. However there will be circumstances where personal information is not completely removed or redacted.
If you see personal information in a screenplay, whether this is a screenplay you submitted or one you are rating, you must notify firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
How will the information be collected?
The data and information will be collected both directly and indirectly through/by the following:
- Given by registered users, including staff members
- Analytics tools – machine learning technology and machine analysis can be used for screenplay analysis
How will the information be used?
We collect this data for the following reasons:
- Contractual obligation
- Legal obligation
- Key interest
- Public interest/task
- Legitimate interest: including reviewing membership applications and screenplay submissions and feedback
The legal grounds for us collecting this data are laid out in the Data Protection Act 2018.
The information will or can be shared with relevant third parties, eg production companies, payment platforms, companies that store our data.
We may share information about you with law enforcement agencies and other organisations or individuals if we are required to by law.
How will the data be stored and secured?
The data will be stored at securely and access is restricted to appropriately trained staff who need to use it for the processes outlined in this policy.
Who will have access to the information?
Site hosts will have access to identifiable information.
Changes to and retention of the data
You are able to make changes to your data by emailing email@example.com and should do so in the following circumstances, eg:
- Change of name
- Change of demographic information
- Change in details
We will keep and process your data only for long enough to fulfil the purpose we collected it for and we will dispose of your data afterwards.
User’s rights including the right to object or withdrawal of consent
Your consent to our usage of your data can be withdrawn at any time. To do this, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under UK data protection laws users have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the processing of personal information;
- The right to have personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
- The right to object to processing of personal information;
- The right to restrict processing of personal information;
- The right to have personal information erased;
- The right to request access to personal information and how it’s processed;
- The right to move, copy or transfer personal information; and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects the user.
The above rights cannot be exercised in all circumstances and therefore not all requests will be approved by us. Any responses received will outline which rights apply (or don’t) and whether we will comply with the request or not and the reasons why.
Opting out of communications
You have the right to opt-out of marketing and other non-essential communications. To do this, you can select the Unsubscribe options in your profile or email message, or you can contact email@example.com
Right of complaint
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: www.ico.org.uk.
You can also contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information regarding international data transfer
Some of our partners may operate outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This means they may not be subject to same data protection laws as companies based in the UK, but we will take steps to make sure they provide a level of protection which meets the requirements of UK data protection law.
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your browser by our site. It helps us remember information about your visit, which can help and improve your experience of our website/app.
We use them for to analyse website traffic, enable features, personalised content, purchases and order information.
Changes to the notice/policy
We reserve the right to make changes to this notice/template at any time to reflect updates to the law or changes to our data collection and security practices. We recommend that you review it regularly for your own knowledge and benefit.